Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Carew Tower--Week 1

For my first week, I used My Lumix G5 and the 14-45mm kit lens that came with my G1. I took a few shots up close, but most of my shots came from a couple of blocks out, as I tried to situate the building in its own neighborhood.

I did manage to take a couple of shots inside the Tower Place Mall, emphasizing the layout from one of the walkways where you can see some of the Rookwood tiling on the walls. I also tried to vary the foreground of the exterior shots, looking for architectural elements to frame the building. 

You'll note that I also experimented with treatments and processing, varying black and white with color, and using different filters and processing options.

The building was completed in 1930, and is one of many art deco treasures found in Cincinnati. Some of this will become more evident as I begin to post detail shots of the interior and exterior next week. Until then, enjoy this collection of photos from last week's walks.
















No comments:

Post a Comment